TAZ is just one of my 4 Mustangs. TAZ was the champion of the 2008 Idols division at the Extreme Mustang Makeover. He is an amazing horse. The bond that has formed between TAZ and myself is a bond that will never be broken. He gets me and I get him. Mom says that when I ride him, it is like poetry in motion.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Patriot's second outing-first horse show Sept 18, 2010

Patriot's first show and he walks away with a couple of ribbons. We got 3rd in halter and 7th in showmanship. I was uber proud of my little guy!!!
Patriot wen to his first horse show. This was only his second time to be trailered. He was amazing. He was a little nervous at first, but he calmed down almost immediately. He was one of the better behaved horses at the show. Pretty sad, when you consider the horses there were seasoned show horses. It didn't even bother him when other horses backed into him. He just turned his head to look at them and wonder why they couldn't stand as still as he was standing.

He was entered in a showmanship class, halter class and a color/solid class. The judge really liked him, thought he was the cutest horse she has seen. She said that he reminded her a of horse that she had when she was younger.

Patriot did extremely well at the show. As you can see by the level of his head, he is extemely calm.






Even when surrounded by a lot of horses he still remains calm.

Walking back to the stall. Even the concrete didn't bother him. There were some pretty big water puddles from the rain that I took him through also. But he could care less about those things.













Getting some loving by me and my sister. Patriot was so wonderful all day long. It was his second time ever to be trailered since bringing him home in July, it was his first time around a lot of horses(and some were not very well behaved), it was his first time around a PA system that was very loud and he just wasn't bothered by any of it. I have to be the luckiest person in the world to have such a wonderful partner.

Waiting.....

More waiting......












No comments:

Post a Comment