TAZ is just one of my 4 Mustangs. TAZ was the champion of the 2008 Idols division at the Extreme Mustang Makeover. He is an amazing horse. The bond that has formed between TAZ and myself is a bond that will never be broken. He gets me and I get him. Mom says that when I ride him, it is like poetry in motion.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Decided it was time to introduce the saddle. Patriot has been very accepting of everything I have introduced to him so I was hoping that the saddle would be the same. He didn't have a big issue with me raising the saddle above his back and even when I set it down on his back.

He wasn't real sure about the girth though I have placed a rope around the girth area. But, it had been some time since I had done that-the beginning of his training as a matter of fact. So, I guess he did well considering the time that it had been since I had done that.
Walking around with the saddle was no big deal either.
OK, so he did not like me rocking the saddle back and forth, but he got over it very quickly.

What about speeding it up a bit. Now for lunging with the saddle. How would he react to the stirrups bobbing up and down?
No big deal either. I know mom was waiting for that picture of him kicking up his heels in an attempt to remove the horse eating saddle, but it just didn't happen.
Look at how still he is standing to have the saddle removed. He's a champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment