TAZ is just one of my 4 Mustangs. TAZ was the champion of the 2008 Idols division at the Extreme Mustang Makeover. He is an amazing horse. The bond that has formed between TAZ and myself is a bond that will never be broken. He gets me and I get him. Mom says that when I ride him, it is like poetry in motion.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The pictures below are from the last couple of weeks of training. I have introduced a lot of new things to Patriot. He is a sponge soaking it all up.
I introduced the trailer to Patriot, He wasn't too sure about it. Probably remembering that long ride home from Mississippi

He was brave enough to check out the inside. Good start for the first night.
Patriot loves water, especially when you spray his mouth.


As hot as it has been, a spray off with cool water is quite refreshing.



I do a lot of desensitizing. Here I am jumping from the podium straight at Patriot. He didn't move an inch. Can you say Spook in Place??? What a good boy he is.




Ponying Patriot with Trigger-Mr Dependable.





First attempt at loading Patriot in the trailer. It was getting pretty late as you can tell.








But, he followed me on without any hesitations.





Backing is coming along great. Much better than my previous mustangs. I don't have to cue him very much to get the back.






Trailer loading the second day. Again, he follows me on without hesitation.













Backing out was a different story. He didn't want to step down. So I turned him around in hopes that he would not explode out of the trailer.







Look at how calmly he stepped out of the trailer.











PIG! He couldn't even step completely off of the trailer to grab a bite to eat. I was really pleased that he did not explode out of the trailer.












I'm suppose to do what???














Experimenting with work above Patriot. He doesn't really care.









Leaning a little bit on him.















And putting my weight on him. I even rubbed under his belly where a cinch would go. He could care less.

Patriot is doing amazing. I am uber pleased with his training. He is solid on all of his ground work and he is so smart. He is a working horse, he doesn't like a lot of lovey dovey stuff, just likes to work and is eager to please.













No comments:

Post a Comment